Thursday, August 4, 2011

4 August - Off Road - Hazelwood Nth and Jeeralang W Roads


Arrived home at 2:30 this afternoon from Frankston. Unlike Melbourne it was a warm sunny afternoon in Traralgon - almost like a spring day. Time to try the motard on some dirt roads. Headed up Hazelwood North road. Once you leave the bitumen this road quickly deteriorates into a gravel road used mainly by logging trucks. Altitude increases rapidly and the views of the LV become breathtaking. The wildlife was abundant at this time of the afternoon - lots of wallabies around. This road eventually connects to Jeeralang West Road. You can turn left towards Balook and Mt Tassie. I turned right and after a few more km's reached the sealed section and eventually Jeeralang Junction. What a blast. The motard takes rough surfaces, gravel, sand etc in its stride, and I was able to travel at 50km/h on roads I would not want to take the Honda on. Being able to stand on the pegs for really rough bits is also a great advantage. Very happy with the first outing on dirt.

Total distance 68 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.