Sunday, October 23, 2011

23 October - Tidal River, Wilson's Prom


The weather bureau promised a great day so I decided to re-visit Tidal River on Wilson's Prom. You may recall from a previous blog that the last time I attempted this I rode down all the way to the park entrance only to be told that the road was still being repaired after the floods earlier in the year. The first stop was Mirboo Nth for fuel, and had a chat with this interesting couple travelling on a home made trike, which features amongst other things a Holden V8 engine. This thing is so big that the steering is operated by a series of links from the driver position to the handlebars. Both of them take turns at the controls and I'm reliably informed it has no trouble reaching 200 km/k... not that you would of course.

This time the ride down the prom was a sheer joy. Even though a lot of the bush has been destroyed by fire in recent times, the skeletons of the trees provide a stunning but starkly beautiful landscape and as you travel further south the glimpses of the ocean provide further excitement.

Tidal River seems to be in full swing again with the shop, the cafe and the caravan park all fully operational. I had forgotten how beautiful this area is and I'm now keen to take the caravan down for a few days.


There were plenty of visitors on day trips and a few campers as well. The return trip was via Yarram so I could stock up on a range of goodies from the bakery there.

Total Distance 338 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.