Sunday, November 27, 2011

27 November - Noojee


The weather did not look inviting this morning but a look at the radar showed no sign of rain for over 500km. Zane and I left Traralgon this morning on our Kawasaki's and took to the road through Willow Grove and Hill End to Noojee. At the Willow Grove turn off we ran into a large group coming up from Moe and also heading to Willow Grove and beyond. There were about 25 assorted bikes altogether including some genuine classics like BSA and Indian. We ended up attaching ourselves to the end of this group - no alternative really and rode through the rain forest to Noojee. There were lots of signs of recent wild weather including uprooted trees. Our plan in Noojee was to call in to the Red Parrot for lunch but the large group ahead of us had the same idea and so we rode to The Toolshed instead. Had a leisurely lunch here - very nice - and enjoyed a huge open fire - not that we needed it. Our return trip was through Neerim South and various back roads leading ultimately past Yallourn Power Station and then home.

Total Distance 176 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.