Wednesday, May 23, 2012

23 May - Tidal River - Wilsons Prom


A bright sunny day today and decided to ride the BMW to Wilsons Prom. Rode nonstop through Mirboo Nth, Meenyian, Fish Creek and Yanakie and turned the video camera on in Yanakie to capture the beautiful ride down the prom and into Tidal River. The prom and the Tidal river area were badly affected by floods last year and some parts are still closed to visitors. But the camping area around Tidal River looks fantastic. The caravan park has nice grassy sites and some of them are powered now - will try the caravan down there soon. Had lunch at the General Store and as soon I sat down to my hamburger I was joined by a dozen or so very colourful rosellas which are obviously quite accustomed to humans. In no time they were on my shoulders and down my arms trying to take the food out of my hands. I switched on my camera and caught these cheeky guys in action. Rode home the same way with a coffee stop in Mirboo North.

Total Distance 395km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.