Thursday, May 31, 2012

31 May - Metung and Lakes Entrance


Today, the last day of autumn, was a beauty. Clear skies, no wind and everything seemed to sparkle. Left home around 10:00 am and rode east, with the first coffee stop in Stratford. Sitting in the park in the sun, sipping my latte and chatting with a fellow traveller was just the perfect start to the day. The next segment was Stratford to Metung. Once again, sitting at the water's edge, sharing my lunch with some very aggressive seagulls and watching a few people mucking about in boats - as good as it gets. After lunch a quick trip into Lakes Entrance where conditions were just as brilliant.


Being a week day, Lakes was almost abandoned. After stopping for a photo of the entrance I commenced the homeward journey, still in perfect conditions. No wind and the temperature gauge reading 16.5˚.
As I rode through Stratford I noticed a Dutch coffee shop. Had to check that out of course and so afternoon tea consisted of Dutch Apple Cake and another coffee. Very nice !

Total Distance 333 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.