Thursday, June 28, 2012

28 June - South Gippsland


After a long period of wet weather, today promised to be fine, although somewhat cool. The fog cleared around 10am and I set off along the Highland Way to Yarram. The temperature gauge on the Beemer read 3.5 degrees! It warmed steadily and by the time I reached the Yarram Bakery for coffee and apricot crumble, the temperature had climbed to 12 deg. As I reached the South Gippsland highway heading towards Inverloch the temperature was 15.5 degrees, and the sun was streaming down - very pleasant. Had a leisurely lunch in Inverloch followed by a cigar, before returning via Leongatha and Mirboo North. Stopped briefly for a photo just outside of Mirboo Nth. and then continued on home and arrived at 3:30pm.

Total Distance 267 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.