Friday, October 19, 2012

19 October - Cowes, PI

The forecast was for a warm sunny day today so the plan was a 10:00 start and a ride to Cowes, Philip Island. Actually the start of the ride was quite cool and somewhat gusty and overcast and for a while I considered shortening it but as I reached Leongatha the skies cleared and the temperature rose into the twenties which was encouraging. From here on it was a lovely ride which culminated with lunch at Gullivers in Cowes. The return trip was via Archies Creek and Kongwak and Korumburra where the bakery (coffee and apricot slice) beckoned - also a half hour stop here gave the bum a chance to recover a bit. The great weather continued for the rest of the day through Leongatha, Mirboo North etc. An oldie but a goodie.

Total distance 330 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.