Saturday, December 1, 2012

30 November - Warburton

A quick ride to Warburton for lunch at Three Sugars on a pretty hot day. Had a bit of a fright on the road between Hill End and Fumina Sth where I encountered the mother of all potholes. Saw it too late to avoid and just managed to lift my bum of the seat and half stand on the pegs. Fortunately the bike stayed upright and I was only doing about 65 kph. At 100 kph I think I would have come off. This road has been allowed to deteriorate into a shocking condition, and with not a single warning in sight I think it amounts to negligence. Apart from that event though the ride was very enjoyable as was lunch.

Total Distance 285 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.