Monday, April 15, 2013

15 April, Maryborough, Ulysses AGM


Travelled the 86km to Marybourough to attend the annual Ulysses motorcycle fest. When I arrived at about 10:00 am at the Maryborough Show Ground Complex, the sight was amazing. Motorcycles of every shape and size as well as lots of cars everywhere. As I had registered for the event on line, the night before I left Traralgon, I needed to pick up my tickets, wristband and name card as well as a bag of goodies. The administration, carried out entirely by volunteers was amazing, and pretty soon I was off looking for the German Sausage man to acquire a knackwurst and sauerkraut for breakfast, accompanied by a very good coffee. The facilities which have been provided for the thousands of attendees has to be seen to be believed. Apart from the huge camping areas which have been established, there are dining and entertainment areas, a radio station, and an IGA supermarket. After breakfast it was time to check out the various merchants and once again the variety of goods and services available was extensive. The bike manufacturer's areas and test rides will not be open until Wednesday, so I'll head back for that. The only bikes on display today were some spectacular trikes. Close up they look massive. This monster here is longer than my Pajero and at around $48,000 nearly as expensive. I wonder if it would tow the caravan?


Tomorrow the bike is booked in for its 20,000 km service and a rear tire replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.