Tuesday, April 16, 2013

16 April - Caloundra - Bike Service


Up early this morning to ride 80km to Caloundra for the 20,000 km service and a tire change. Very impressed with the service at Motolife and by lunch time the bike was ready to go. Despite the weather forecast (rain and possible storms) the weather was great. Had a text invitation to join Saskia and Kate (Peter's daughter) at the Burger Bar in Tewantin. After a pleasant ride up the Sunshine Motorway I arrived just in time and had a very relaxed and pleasant lunch. It was good to see Kate again, she lives on the Sunshine Coast now. By the time lunch was over the sky had started to look a bit dark and by the time I'd got 10km up the road it was looking very grim and a storm was obviously imminent. Quickly stopped at a service station to put on my wet weather gear. This usually ensures that it won't rain, but not this time. By the time I was halfway to Gympie the sky opened and it bucketed down. The wet weather gear worked a treat and got home without further incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.