Tuesday, April 9, 2013

8 April - Day 0 - Ride to Queensland

Well, the bike's been checked, the bags are packed and there is one sleep to go. Tomorrow I will start my ride to the Ulysses AGM celebration in Maryborough in Queensland. I am as prepared as I can be and now, on the eve of departure I am experiencing a mixture of excitement and trepidation. I've never undertaken a really long ride, this one is 2000 km each way, and I have no real idea how I will go. I want to get to Gympie in no more than 4 days and I will soon find out if I have the physical and mental resources. A couple of days ago I sprained my right hand, the throttle hand, pulling the Beemer on to its center stand. I hope it holds out OK for the trip. Anyway time to get some sleep for the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.