Saturday, April 11, 2015

9 April - A Beemer Day to Philip Island


My first real ride for nearly a month - due to a range of family issues which had to be dealt with my riding was restricted to a trip to Bairnsdale for a tyre change and and 18,000km service for the Honda Shadow. But today it was time to fix that long absence. My friend Marcus is staying with us for a few days so this morning we headed off on my F650GS and Marcus on his 1200GS. Our first stop was for fuel in Mirboo North and then a quick coffee at the InLine4 Cafe in Mirboo North. There were a few clouds in the sky but absolutely no rain on the radar and so we proceeded with some confidence to Leongatha and Inverloch before taking the beautiful coastal road to Cape Patterson. Then, it was straight on to Wonthaggi and Philip Island stopping finally in the centre of Cowes. Lunch consisted of hamburgers at Hamburger Edge in the middle of the main street. Great hamburgers - I can thoroughly recommend this place.

After lunch there was plenty of daylight and sunshine left so we returned home through the hills passing through Archies Creek, Kongwak, Korumburra, and Yarragon.
After a long break this was a very enjoyable day on the bikes.

Total Distance 340 km

1 comment:

  1. A nice distance ride for getting you back in the saddle again.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.