Monday, March 7, 2016

7 March - Bulga Park, Tarra Valley and fish and chips in Port Albert

Met my brother Luke this morning for a bike ride through Tarra Valley. Although the skies warned of rain and the road was wet in places. we never actually saw a drop. We rode through Callignee and then on to Bulga Park for a walk down to the famous suspension foot bridge. Being a week day we were the only ones there and the only sound was the screeching of the black cockatoos. We continued on down the winding Tarra Valley road to Yarram and then continued straight on to Port Albert to visit the famous Wild Fish fish and chippery for a light lunch. As always, this drew plenty of attention from the local seagull population which seems to appear from nowhere when you open a packet of fish and chips.
After a pleasant lunch and a chat I tried for a few more seagull photos but without food they soon lost interest in us.
The return trip was straight up the Hyland Highway through Gormandale and  home to  Traralgon.
It was good to get out on the bike.

Total Distance 170 km.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great shots of the seagulls.

    Glad you managed to dodge the rain.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is a request requiring action from me, please send me an email on the link provided. While I check my current posting for comments, my blog software does not notify me when comments/requests come in on past posts.